Friday, March 25, 2016

2014-September: Embellished OS Pocket diapers (covers)

Another upcycled diaper project!  I got two "play condition" Blueberry pockets on Spots' Corner, which turned out to be in better condition than described.  They really only needed some elastic replacement, so I did that and decided to have more fun with them.


I embellished them wing-to-wing with fun woven quilting cotton prints!  It was tricky to cut everything to size, AND keep the edges from fraying, AND keep the snaps exposed and usable, but I did it!!


I really like how they came out.  The only weird thing was I couldn't sew across the front of the woven (by the rise snaps), so they had a little "pocket" there on the outside.

With the woven cotton NOT touching the edge of the leg, I thought they wouldn't wick like most hidden-PUL diapers do.  Well, they did end up wicking a bit, and if I didn't add enough absorbency, they did leak out the top through some very sneaky cracks in the PUL.  They were OK as covers.  I ended up donating them!




No comments:

Post a Comment