Sunday, October 23, 2016

2015-September: Snowflake Fold-In Fitted Diaper

This project was two ideas coming together:

1) I had gotten some hemp-bamboo-cotton blend fabric, and I wanted to see how it worked in a nighttime fitted!

2) I was checking out Arfy's fold-in fitted pattern, and it looked so cool and different, I had to try it.

So I made this!  It just has a knit print outer.





Ultimately it didn't work out so well, because it STILL didn't hold enough and was on the snug side.  The absorbency issue could be that I didn't prep it enough.

Still, it's a cute diaper and I like the fold-in design in theory.


The shape of the fold-out "inserts" is limited by the curve of the diaper itself.  (See below)

In progress, turned, no elastic


Otherwise, I think longer inserts may have worked better.  Or sewing more layers into it, but then it would take too long to dry.  Anyway, it wasn't quite what I wanted!

That hemp-bamboo-cotton blend fabric turned out to not be my favorite, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment