Thursday, April 6, 2017

2017-April: Bell bottom pants for C.!

C. came home from nursery school one day in "school pants" -- a spare pair they had changed her into.  They were little jeans made by baby Gap and they were SO CUTE on her!  Right away I knew I had to trace off a pattern and make my own even-cuter pair! I made them out of some old maternity jeans.

Here they are with the stretchy knit waist I added -- First I had done an elastic waist, but it wasn't high enough in the rise.  Big knit "yoga" waistband solves everything!!



Cutting out the 4 initial pieces

Making my two familiar sides: most of my pants patterns look like this.

Clip it up!

Magic! Pants! These have the casing but no elastic yet. Front raccoon pockets!

Back cute garden/bug print pockets! I did put in the elastic, but like I said, I ended up taking it out in favor of the yoga waist.


I still need a better picture of her wearing them. I will add it when she stands still long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment