Friday, April 24, 2020

2020-January-February: Quilt for C

I finally made C's quilt! Much like E's, it has a colorful minky backing.

First I made the half-square triangles! Light and dark.

I laid it out!

Organizing the rows...

Stacked rows to sew together

Sewn rows . . .

. . . Organized!

Laid out again to sew rows together!

Here is the minky back! That is a PRINT; it's one piece of fabric! I did not piece that!!

Adding my border of pieced flannel

I put the batting in the sandwich

Sewn!

Turned!

The final quilt came out very wonky due to the topstitching/quilting; I don't even want to show it! It was very bunchy and I think my walking foot just isn't a very good one. Also, minky is tough to work with for the backing (but it makes SUCH a nice backing!). Anyway, C loves this quilt, and she doesn't care that it's not perfect! I love it, too, but I do wish the edges hadn't bunched so badly. I'm not sure how to solve this on future quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment