Saturday, January 23, 2021

2020-October: Super Paper Mario Mimi Dress Halloween Costume!

 Yep, my older daughter is into occasionally playing Super Paper Mario on our old WiiU. She wanted to be one of the game's bad guys, Mimi, for Halloween! So I made her a dress, got her a wig, and painted her a cotton mask with fabric paints! Covid-safe!

I added the bow through sheer craftiness and strategic stitching to hold it in place. I also added the pocket, outlined in black thread to make it look more cartoony.



This dress is all one piece; I just chose black for the top part of the bodice and sleeves. The character has black stick-figure arms and legs and I'm not sure how the top of the dress is "supposed" to look behind the bow (she's pixellated, after all!), so I did my best with this approach.

E. sometimes wears the dress by itself now, just for fun. And she wears the mask all the time!

I didn't like working with the yellow dot fabric, a type called "Liverpool" knit. I couldn't iron it (it began melting!!) and it was textured and hard to crease and . . . ugh. I'm not using it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment