Thursday, April 25, 2024

2024-April: Scrappy Rainbow Top!

Hello! I've decided to jump back in with current sewing projects over here on the sewing blog! Every now and then I'll have an "old" backlog post from 2022-2023 thrown in as I get to it. I was tired of NOT posting here, my beloved Dorybird blog, so here we go!

I just finished this fun knit top for E!

The front

and the back

She's picked out the remaining knits from my stash that she still likes (she's 13 after all!). The only thing is that I don't have much of each print, so from here on out I'll need to get a bit scrappy with her shirts. :) If she likes this one, I have some combos in mind to make her another.

The top does have these awesome POCKETS right in it! I thought they'd be more prominent in the finished piece, but they turned out to be rather stealthy. Still, she will love it!

The pattern is Sinclair's Linnea. Aside from the seam allowance being a very stingy 0.25" and some instructions being confusing and a bit nitpicky, I did like this pattern. I plan to make one for me, too! :)

Oh yes, and the pattern only has instructions for long sleeves, but I easily chopped and hemmed them into short sleeves.

This is a view of the pockets (wrong side) before I sewed them on. I like how simple the construction is.

Here's the front and back (sewn together at the shoulders) before I added the neckband or sleeves. I think it's a fun view!

No comments:

Post a Comment