Sunday, October 11, 2015

2014-February: Birds and Crazy Animals Pocket Diapers

These were for my friend E.  I made similar Zorb-and-thin-cotton-IKEA-blanket inserts to go with them (a small and a large each) but I didn't take photos of those.

I tried something different on the bird one: a "hybrid pocket" with water-resistant fleece instead of PUL!  It had a woven outer, then pink fleece, then a suedecloth inner.  I'll show you some process photos.

Sewing the print together so it's right-side-up on both front and back

finished outer

hidden fleece instead of hidden PUL! (don't mind the random stuff on my desk . . . I've since stopped burning my yuzu incense since it bothers the hubby, even from the other end of the house)

Finished inside

Finished outside

The fleece inside the pocket!  

This design didn't work very well.  I mean, it sort of worked, but nowhere near as well as hidden PUL (which still wicks if you don't have enough absorbency).  It may have been the fleece I used (old baby blanket).  I know hybrid FITTEDS can work really well with the right fleece (and more absorbency!).

***************************************************************
The crazy animals pocket had a knit outer, hidden PUL, and suedecloth inner.  I seamed the outer print so both sides were up on this one, too!

Crossover snaps snapped

Inside with welt pocket


Closeup of welt pocket!  I was so proud of myself for making such a nifty-looking pocket.


No comments:

Post a Comment