Saturday, October 10, 2015

2014-January: Pair of Upcycled AI2 cloth diapers

I found out that my friend J, pregnant with TWINS, wanted to try cloth diapering!  Naturally I wanted to make her some things to get her stash going.  Because twins means two of everything!!  Working toward her shower, I got sewing on a bunch of diapers.  I wanted to give her some Smalls that would work between Newborn size and One-size.

Also, I decided that my OTHER pregnant friend E would benefit from my sewing experiments, too -- so lots of diaper sewing around this time!

These were the first "twin" diapers I made: a set of small all-in-twos with hidden PUL.  (I guess they are more all-in-one, actually.)  Inners were an old sweatshirt, outers two old shirts of mine, and the soakers I topped with some cute flannel prints.







After zig-zagging the velcro of the green one, I did not like how it looked, so went with straight stitch on the other.  I think it came out neater.

I realized way later that my attempts to "roll" the PUL inward on the legs would do me no good with the cotton outers!  It was bound to wick.  I did end up using these on C when J gave them back (yay!), and they did wick, but not too badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment