Saturday, October 10, 2015

2014-January: Pair of Hidden PUL pocket diapers (Bears and Stars)

Two more diapers for J's twins!  I made my first welt pockets on these -- not too hard to do, and it looks really sharp.  I made the inserts, too: a layer of Zorb sandwiched between some dimpled cotton material from an IKEA blanket!  I quilted them with hearts and I REALLY LIKE the way it looks; I may quilt lots more stuff like this in the future.






***********************************************************






Here they are together.  Last photo is them all snapped down to the smallest size and looking cute!




Overall I've fallen out of love with hidden PUL; when I eventually got these diapers back for C, they did wick more than I'd like.  Also, though the suedecloth is great for its stay-dry purpose, it doesn't stretch and made these diapers feel sort of . . . floppy.  And not as cushy.  That star patterned knit is waaaay softer and fluffier on these newborn fitteds than here with suedecloth and PUL.

I'm currently using those inserts in other pockets and they work great!

No comments:

Post a Comment