Tuesday, September 22, 2015

2013-March: Process photos for princess shirts

I thought I'd throw in some pictures of my process for the princess shirts.  I worked on the two shirts simultaneously, doing one while the other was drying, mixing a color to use in sections on both.  Drying the shirts with a fan to speed things along!






When I had leftover paint at the end of each session, I added it to a new Rainbow Circles shirt, so that got layered up with color over time. :)

Original Circles shirt on left, work-in-progress lazy leftover shirt on right.  I like the technique as a way to slowly build something cool out of what I would have otherwise washed down the sink.  I think I should always have a Rainbow Circle shirt going in the background whenever I do a main painted shirt project!


No comments:

Post a Comment