Monday, November 14, 2016

2015-December: Double Gauze "Half-and-Half" Crib Quilt, Green Flowers

SOFTEST QUILT EVER! I simply LOVE double gauze fabric.  It's unbelievably soft!!  Especially when used on BOTH SIDES of a baby blanket!


Wrap up the baby in cozy snuggles!!

This was my first double gauze project, a quilt for C. Double gauze is pricey, so I only bought some half-yard cuts of various prints.  I wanted to make the quilt as big as possible, so I minimized cuts.  The result was a double-sided double gauze quilt using 1/8 cuts of fabric!  Does that make sense?

 

Maybe I should call it the half-and-half quilt!  All together, it uses 2 yards of (assorted) fabric.  I spent a long time laying out where I wanted all the prints to go.  It is different on the two sides.


I DID NOT quilt in the ditch, for fear of it looking messy on the reverse. (Remember, both sides are made of patchwork!) So I quilted not-in-the-ditch, offset, and it looks like windows.



I used regular puffy polyester batting, turned and topstitched, and this is the most cuddly quilt ever.


 I dub this project an absolute success, and if you like it, too, I WILL be making more of these for my future shop!  I believe every baby should have one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment