Tuesday, November 29, 2016

2016-February: "Fishbowl" Bum Circle Cloth Diaper Pants

With all these pants modifications and bum circle skills under my belt, I was on a roll!  I was given a couple pairs of cozy baby pants, and decided to modify them with a bum circle to fit over my girl's cloth diapers! (Otherwise they would never fit; they were very slim.)

First I cut off the waistband (I knew I would need height there) and cut a hole in the seat.

Using the cut-out piece as a guide, I cut a generous circle out of FUN fabric!

Ta-da!

Then I cut a fun strip for the rise.

I sewed on the bum circle with a twin needle.  You can see where this is going!

Front

Back

Hooray!  These were super successful and she's still wearing them 9+ months later.


Maybe in the future I'll offer some upcycled, modified-for-cloth baby pants in my shop!  I felt like I was rescuing the pants from ill-fitting obscurity.

No comments:

Post a Comment