Wednesday, November 30, 2016

2016-June: Nautical Baby Quilt

When I got my sewing area going again, I had some huge projects going on!

This is a quilt that was commissioned as a baby gift.  The theme was to be nautical because the family loves sailing. (Hi, guys!) ;)




It's a "crib size" quilt, so maybe 4'x6', with quilting cottons on the front and a border and back of delicious double gauze.  I wanted it to be super soft for the baby to hold!

I had a lot of fun picking out fabric just for this project, and even more fun arranging the squares just so. I used my "half and half" technique on the back, expanding it to size. Since the back is pieced, too, it's really two quilts in one! Once again it's turned and topstitched (I have yet to bind a quilt!).



I quilted it with big wobbly stitching to suggest ocean waves.  I love how it turned out!!



SO COZY AND PUFFY!!



While I was making this quilt, I thought ahead and cut out double of each fabric piece -- if you love this quilt, know that there WILL BE another of (almost) this same piece, in my shop.  I "just" have to assemble it!

No comments:

Post a Comment