Tuesday, November 1, 2016

2015-November: Patchwork Elsa Dress

I made a special dress for E. last Christmas!  She was really into Frozen, and I knew she loved the playdresses I had made her (Love Notions pattern), so I combined the two!



I did the patchwork skirt out of wovens, and the top is knit.  It was a huge hit, and she still wears it now, almost a year later.


The shop I bought the Elsa knit fabric from had some lacy trim, so on a whim I bought some for the bottom.  It adds a nice touch, and I'd like to dabble in fun trims in the future!



Process photo time!

Picking fabrics, making sure I have the width

Little rectangles cut, having fun arranging them!

Sewing the rows

Sewn together!

Other panel sewn up

Two panels!

After ironing, trimmed each panel to size

Don't forget the bodice!  Crossover neckline in progress.

Bodice!

I lined the skirt panels with an old T-shirt.  Here is one panel, gathered.

So pretty!

It was a lot of work, but I'm so happy with it.  So was E.!

No comments:

Post a Comment