Tuesday, November 29, 2016

2016-March: Diaper Inserts with polkadot trim

I wanted to make some trifold inserts for a few diaper shells I had previously made.  I was testing out different absorbent fabrics to find something really good for my final design! (Note: I still haven't found it!)


I ended up making my own bias tape, too!  With this tutorial of the Tubular Method, which is crazy cool!

I wanted to cover over my less-than-stellar zig-zagged edges, but looking back, binding the edge wasn't really worth it.  First, you could see it through some of the shells (distracting).  Second, I didn't do the greatest job actually sewing it on the edge (messy looking).  Third, I think it added some bulk to the insert (who wants unnecessary bulk?).

That is just washable fabric marking pen numbering them

Here they are unfolded

My crazy future bias tape!

Running tape through the bias tape maker!

Ooh, tons of bias tape!  I used it all on this project, though. :)

Here is one insert, bound.


All four, showing various states of unfolding.


Hey!  A fifth insert!



These worked great in my medium shells, but I'm still figuring out absorbency in the size large.



No comments:

Post a Comment