Wednesday, November 30, 2016

2016-July: My Little Pony Panel Raglan Shirt

I bought a My Little Pony PANEL and wanted to surprise E. with a fun shirt!  It's the Fishsticks Patrick curved raglan pattern.


I had to adjust the panel size before sewing it all together.  Meaning: I added those stars up top AND added strips of the back fabric to the sides of the panel, to make it all fit the pattern.  It was a bit of a pain, but ended up looking cool.

The only thing I wish I did differently is cut the TOP of the panel more so the ponies sit higher on the shirt.  There seems (to me) to be more "dead space" of the sky than there should be.  And more of the stars would have been good, too. My artistic eye is displeased!

Love this back fabric, though. Riley Blake Vintage Floral, Mint.


Despite any aesthetic pickiness, guess who loved it?
And that is what matters!

Note: I'm "over" panels, at least for now. I tried it, and it would take a MAGNIFICENT panel to make me want to buy it and sew with it again. Just seems a bit fussy!


No comments:

Post a Comment