Wednesday, July 27, 2016

2015-March: Winter Dress

Oh, this dress!  This became E's favorite garment the moment I gave it to her.  She wore it ALL THE TIME and got lots of compliments on it! ;)  I called it a winter dress because it just seemed wintery to me.




This dress (Love Notions Everyday Playdress pattern) is basically perfect as far as girls' dresses go.  Even though the crossover style seems to waste some fabric (it really does cross over and make a little pocket . . . ask me how I know . . . E would stash things in there!), I prefer it to the crewneck top.  It's just easier to get on and off, and will fit for longer.  Apparently head size is a limiting factor in sewing for growing kids!

Choosing fabrics . . .


I really liked how I could use knits for the top (bodice) and the skirt could use wovens.  Because I have a lot of woven fabric, too!  I prefer knits for clothes because they are 1,000% comfier, but I can't help buying all the beautiful wovens, too.  Well, it didn't matter on the skirt part: this dress was plenty comfortable!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment