Sunday, July 31, 2016

2015-September: Upcycled BumGenius Pocket AIO

This was my (weird) idea to turn a BumGenius 4.0 into an AIO.  Why?  Because I was so fond of the AIO style, and I had an old "Sweet" color BG that I never really liked much anyway.  Experiment away!

Showing the diaper mid-construction.  I also replaced the elastics.
First, I sewed some OBF (bamboo fleece) to the inner of the diaper.  It wasn't easy!  I scrunched it up like CRAZY to get it through the machine without getting the PUL caught in the stitch.  Seriously, don't try this at home.  I won't again!

Then I added a snap, so that a regular BG microfiber insert could snap in, and agitate out in the wash.

It worked out pretty well, but took way too long to dry.  I still stow it in the diaper bag from time to time.

But I learned that, yes, you can add snaps to a"normal" pocket diaper to make the insert agitate out!  Oh, how I dislike taking out inserts!  With my first baby, I was all about pockets, but with my current  baby and AIO love, this was a great discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment