Saturday, July 30, 2016

2015-May: Owls AI2 Pocket Diaper "Testers" x 2

I know I made 2 cloth diapers in May, but I can't remember much info about them!  Every now and then I make stuff, get excited to use it, and forget to document it.  For some reason I had noted that I was working on these on May 7th (??), though photos don't seem to exist!


In my ongoing quest to be thorough, I will tell you what I can.

* I wanted to try an "envelope" style pocket, much like Applecheeks.  There was a difference in construction between the two, but I don't remember what.
* I made the two diapers simultaneously (assembly line style).
* One had white star snaps, one had red heart snaps.  Both had owls PUL.
* Both came out a bit wonky, aesthetically.
* I sent away the red heart snap one to a CD charity in July 2015.  Why, I don't remember!

I still have the white star snap one -- hold on, here it is! (pardon my floor backdrop)


Inner is microfleece with an envelope pocket and snapped-in "charcoal bamboo" insert I had laying around (that I got for cheap at the consignment shop).  I figured it would be a good choice for not being fully covered by the pocket because it has a stay-dry layer itself.


Pic of C. in the red-heart-snap diaper:


I still keep the white star snap one in the diaper bag.  It's not my favorite, but it is really cute.  I'm not a big fan of the mysterious "charcoal bamboo" insert (seems to me that it is microfiber encased in gray microfleece), but it does the job.  And additional inserts do agitate out.

I'm glad I made these because they gave me more diaper-making practice, but I wasn't super excited about the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment