Thursday, December 1, 2016

2016-November: Refurbishing Mother-ease Wizard cloth diapers!

I recently discovered Mother-ease Wizard diapers for C. and I really like them.  So I got 14 (yes, fourteen!) of them (Unos and Duos) from Cloth Diaper Trader for really cheap.  They all need some cosmetic help, so I got a rainbow of fold-over elastic (FOE) to fix them up! The goal is to transition over to using them and slowly keep selling off other diapers from my stash.

I just finished the first of them! Read on to see the finished result!

Here are the diapers and the FOE.  Oh, I had fun mixing and matching!

My FOE outside on a nice day (E was playing with it!)

OK, first I took off the wing snaps. I needed room for the FOE!

I took the refurbishing opportunity to actually add a snap setting.  (You can't even tell, right?  the snaps matched really well!  And the diaper just has blank space there by the edge, so it was perfect.)

C. is big and this extra setting will help the dipes last longer.

Here I am, sewing the FOE on and about to finish it off not-so-well.  I'm going to do it differently on the rest!

Done!  Contrast snaps!!



I sewed the FOE right over the existing elastic, but I think I need to take it off on the others, because overall the diaper just became too snug, even on my "new" last snap setting.  And I know from my wildflower cover that a FOE-edged cover works great with the Wizard system.


While I was at it, I added a snap setting to another Mother-ease Wizard Duo I had (from the trial package that made me a fan of this diaper!).  For some reason, the Duos have pesky hip snaps (the Unos don't), so I took those off, too. Neither of my girls has ever needed hip snaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment