Thursday, December 1, 2016

2016-October: Floral Color Craze Couch PIllows!

Hey, it's Halloween!  I know, let's make some colorful pillowcases for giant pillows for our new couch!

Circle-y sides showing

Leafy green sides showing

Our couch arms aren't the most comfy, so I got the pillow forms at IKEA to make my own casual puffy "arms".  I just sort of read up on pillowcases without following a real tutorial.

And the most important part of this project was: I wanted to use some of my special special fabrics I had been "saving" (basically hoarding, not wanting to cut into them), in a project where I could show them off in a big way and look at them every day.  As A. said, "It's always better to use something you love instead of store it."  Very wise.


Ooh!  Dorothy's very favorites! There are tiny children climbing all over those trees. And that Alison Glass print is so cool I can't even begin to explain.

Ooh!  How garden-y!


I color-coordinated the snaps that you can't even really see!


I love these pillows.

I have a small wish to recover all the "official" couch pillows -- that basically make up the couch -- in fun colors.  That would be WILD!

Sadly I don't have any couch action shots because our living room is always such a mess.  If I ever think of it, I'll update this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment