Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The first ever AWESOMETOP!

I traced off the pattern for this shirt (in 2014! Right when I started sewing, I had big dreams!) from a shirt I got at a consignment shop.  I finally made my own! (This is for C. for Xmas, so don't show her!)



I love it.  I call it the Awesometop, because of how it uses different fun prints in wovens AND is loose-fitting (so easy to take on and off AND comfortable), AND it has fit and continues to fit my kid, even though the tag on the original shirt says size 9-12 months!  Ha!


I need to go back and make the pattern less wonky for next time.  But like with every project, I learned so much!  I also used snaps instead of buttons.  Next time I'll refine the look of the snap attachment . . . I was in somewhat of a hurry on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment