Thursday, December 1, 2016

2016-October: Penny Lamb Dress and Raining Rainbow Unicorn Shirt

 My best friend visited me and I made her two things for her daughter -- she and her daughter picked out the fabrics.

fronts

This is an Everyday Playdress and Charlie Tee (I think?)


backs

I am so in love with how this dress turned out!  Good fabric picks, Best Friend E!  That bodice print is the out-of-print Penny's Seasons fabric.  Only for you, my best friend!!  The rest of what I have will go toward a cardigan thing for (my) E.

It's sized a little big for her little girl right now, but I'm sure she'll be rocking it soon.  Making this dress made me realize how much I love that lamb fabric, too, so I scooped up some more.

important thought:

Also, I'm super proud of this dress because to me (in my loving it so much) it really shows how far I've come in learning to sew!  I could really open up a shop and make things that people would love to dress their children in, and the kids would love wearing them, too!  You know what I mean?  Like I can do it. I'm obsessed with sewing and the time is getting closer and closer for me to share with the world!!

Here is li'l daughter in the raining rainbow unicorn shirt!

front

back

Yes, I do like pairing those particular unicorns and rainbows fabrics!

One other important thing from E's visit: She couldn't find any fabrics in my stash for her 1st grader son.  I took this to heart and have been slowly collecting boyish fabrics for the future shop.  I have two girls so I never have to think about what boys would want! If you have a boy and would like to join a panel (of 2 currently) that I can run boyish fabric choices by, email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment