Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Waterproof Owl Mittens

C. has been lacking in mittens this winter, so when her one pair got wet I wanted to make her a spare fast!

I skimmed some how-tos online and decided the quickest thing to do was a simple turned hand outline.  I used microfleece for the lining, bamboo fleece for the insulating layer, and PUL for the outer.  (Thanks, cloth-diaper-making materials!)


I added a bit of elastic at the wrist, and ended up topstitching closed the bottom turning hole.

These mittens are a bit snug to put on, but they work!  Next time I want to try adding a cuff containing full elastic for her wrist.  I've promised E. a pair of her own gloves, too (of course), and even A. wants a pair for himself, so I'm going to make him some gloves for Xmas -- and try those cuffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment