Thursday, December 1, 2016

2016-October: Rainbow of Dorybird Cloth Diapers for School

 

Hooray!  I met my goal of making 8* super easy all-in-one diapers to use at C's nursery school!  I made these assembly-line style, which -- big surprise here -- is a really fast way to make a lot of something! Ha ha.


These are the shells, and I subsequently experimented in making all kinds of inserts to see what absorbent fabrics work best.  I couldn't even say right now because I'm only remembering my color-coded snaps ("The yellow snap one works really well!"). I have it all written down of course, but there is still no clear winner.



I also used different inner fabrics on these to see which one I truly like best.  Suedecloth is in the lead, but I need to do a couple more athletic wicking jersey to be sure.  Do you have a favorite between those two?


I dub these diapers a success!  This is pretty much my final design (for size Large), but I'm going to go for snaps in my Dorybird offerings.  Maybe I could do some custom velcros!  This velcro is SUPER sticky and robust! I used black because everything else was out of stock, but I kind of like it.

*I actually made 10 total for school, when you include these two diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment