Friday, December 9, 2016

Purple Cords (from Mommy)!

Well, I just did this project last night and TODAY, so thought I'd keep on top of things and post it NOW!




My old pants had become ill-fitting, so I decided to "downcycle" them into a pair of pants for E! I've had that iron-on letter for forever -- I think I bought it when she was 2!  This just seemed like the right time to use it.

She tried them on for size, but she hasn't worn them for real yet.  I'll update with a pic when she does!  I think it's funny how they still have that curvy women's cut, but on her it'll balloon out into something baggy and probably adorable.

I also figured something out!!  I used the Parsley Pants pattern for these, and realized that all those times I was complaining about this particular pattern being small, I had printed it out at the wrong scale!!  It was off by 1/16 of an inch, but that adds up to be a huge mistake!  So I'm sorry for being skeptical of your pattern, Made By Rae!  Usually I'm super good at not making stupid mistakes like that, but guess what?  Everyone makes mistakes!

I made these with a size 8 pattern (yeah, she's still big for 5) and it's pretty spot on.  YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment