Thursday, December 1, 2016

2016-September: School Bibs

Bibs are a required item for C's school (well, they're on the supply list; I don't think they'd kick her out if she didn't have bibs), so I thought I'd make some with material I already had on hand.  We don't really use bibs at home, since she rips them right off (although she's gotten better recently about tying a cloth napkin around her neck). But apparently they use them fairly frequently at school.

Anyway, I tried 2 free patterns and I have a clear favorite!  Read on!

Supplies!

I made both bibs with a backing of bamboo terry so it would soak up spills (yup, cloth diaper material, but I wasn't so keen on it in the diapers so I was happy to use some up).  The front is print flannel.  Looking back, I could easily have added a back layer of PUL to make it waterproof, but eh, I didn't feel like it.  Temperamental artist, here.  Ha!

Ready for turning

Almost done!

This is the Reversible Baby Bib.


It works just fine.  Moving on . . .

This is the Mega Bib!  See the blue snaps?

It is fantastic!!  You can snap the snaps to make a mess-catcher!  Genius!


The Mega Bib was the clear winner.  It actually isn't super big, when you consider that you WANT a bib to cover your baby's whole front!  I love it, and if I were going to make more bibs, this would be the pattern. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment